Monday, May 08, 2006

Name Dropping


Name Dropping

More than one of you has asked for a more detailed account of my professional and personal relations.

I will say this once, and only once. I’m not in the habit of name-dropping. Nor am I accustomed to spreading vicious gossip. It’s not a good way to keep clients or relationships, and having been the blunt of a few nasty truths and untruths myself, I certainly wouldn’t want to put another person through that.

Having said that, here’s what I’ve been up to:

Fashion Week was pretty busy for me, even though nothing that I was involved with was part of 7th on 6th. I was key hair and makeup for the TV Land 10th anniversary promo, as well as TV Land Rocks!, Here’s The Story, Nick@Nite’s Road Crew, Backdrop NYC, The Gotham Awards, and several other private clients – both celebrity and socialite.

Here’s where I have to send special hugs to Mally Roncal (cute as a button - hope your line does well in Bendel's) S. Epatha Markeson (we'll be trading renovation horror stories when you get back), Sweet Honey in the Rock (thank you so much for your love - and for understanding that I only have two hands and that you are seven ladies), Kim Fields (I’ll be ready for that “special” coffee in about a week), Cat Greenleaf (when’s the next Sabbath?), Mike and Victoria Rispoli ( nice to see a celebrity couple REALLY in love), Brooke Shields ( I KNOW – I owe you a call!) Rosie O'Donnell (good luck on your new gig - I don't get it - but I don't have to) Anderson Cooper (you’re never HOME anymore) Jon Bon Jovi ( I had to find out from your accountant that your dad was a hair stylist. Why didn't you just SAY so?), Annie Quick (Kudos for going for it!), and Gavin DeGraw (You're a nice kid. I know - but you're still a kid as far as I'm concerned)

My personal life has certainly kept up with my public as of late. Of course, there are the backstage, promotional, and wrap parties.

I’ve met a number of dynamic, like-minded individuals as of late - just when I thought I was going to become an Upstate hermit. My guess is that there’s going to be a parlor along the Hudson brimming to the threshold with interesting houseguests from all walks of life.

This brings me to one person in particular. You know who you are. Like I said earlier – I don’t name-drop. Let’s just say that I’m looking forward to many more long walks, laughs, plays, and nights watching each other sleep. Oh, yeah – and I’ll make sure to keep the candy dish full ;)










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home